maastricht i love you


Friday night we had a huge employee party. Over 900 people with endless drinks, food & dancing. I had the time of my life. And the next morning (which was quite hard to wake up for), I fell in love with my next travel venture: Maastricht. 

After a delicious croissant, lots of water & quick train ride I arrived to the most beautiful city I've ever seen. 

Me, Martin, Bruge & his wife took a running tour. 
6 km, one energetic tour guide and exposure to some fascinating history.
{With our lovely tour guide}

 Seemingly everything in the city is symbolic. Maastricht has remains of roman baths that are now under the city, and the remains of the city wall are breathtaking. My iphone photos don't do it justice.
{remains of where city walls were; the quote says "I'm not who I used to be" Humor in architecture!}
{remains of the city walls}
 
 
{old church converted to the worlds most beautiful bookstore}  
{Turns out there are 4 musketeers, not 3. And the phrase was meant to say "One for All and All for One" but the russian sculptor switched the phrases}

After the tour I spent the rest of the day shopping & trying some local cuisine. I had Hollandse nieuwe haring & my first belgium waffle. The haring is herring in english, and here in Holland is a very traditional food. It's raw fish you eat by the tail with onion (skin & all). It was delicious. Equally so was the waffle, but that was expected. 
{YUM}
{A wonderfully talented street performer}

I came back from Maastricht just in time to meet friends at a nearby pub to watch the futbol game. Futbol is an insane event here. I had a blast & the night ended with french lessons & my roommate to be (Monday!) dancing on a table. 

These people know how to party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment