first day at work

Thanks to jet lag I woke up bright eyed way before my alarm went off so there was an extended period of me singing loudly to myself as I pranced all around my apartment. 

I had told Jack's wife I would meet her for breakfast at 7:30 before I headed to work and I entered the cafe and had this waiting for me.


I literally "oooh-ed". Then I looked like a total american as I sampled everything in sight. 
Oh and I'm in love. True love. His name is Nusco and it is a dark chocolate spread. Better than Nutella. Yes there is such a thing! And the dutch put sprinkles on their toast which makes breakfast contain two of my favorite things (chocolate + sprinkles). 

Stomach happy, I walked to work for the first day of my internship! Technically it was a volunteer day, but I'm glad I did because I was thrown right into helping out with projects for this week. It turns out I get to manage a conference in 4 different languages tomorrow! Natalie (the other woman I intern for) is in charge of the conference can't be there for family reasons and since Mirriam has her own event tomorrow I was put in charge to make sure everything goes according to schedule! It was a wonderfully CRAZY first day. We went to a couple meetings and ran around preparing everything for tomorrow. I blinked and it was 7:30 p.m...I was at work for 10 1/2 hours and didn't even realize it! I'm already in love this job.

{My view on the route to work}
{A glimpse of one of the buildings at work!}

When I got back from work it was already almost 8 p.m. so I stopped by the cafe. When I asked for a menu Jack said not to worry, that he would whip something up special. 
{Does not having to use a menu qualify me as a local now? Semi-local?}
Behold:

{Seared pork with fresh vegetables in a green pepper sauce with potato salad}

You can see some of Jack's incredible dishes on his facebook page here:


I went for a run this evening, and couldn't help but stop and stare. 
It's official. I'm in love with this place. 



{Soccer season is upon us! Here's a local bar that started on its decorations. I'm excited to head to the bars & check out the game watching atmosphere. I hear it's pretty intense}

I'm off to bed early tonight, big day tomorrow!!

Simply love, 

Veronica 

No comments:

Post a Comment