summer.

My best friend and I started summer with brie, baguettes & an outdoor ballet performance of Giselle. It was my first ballet {aside from my personal rendition of The Nutcracker in the second grade and my childhood jewelry box}, and I was blown away by the grace and strength of the dancers. 
The ballerina in my childhood jewelry box didn't do them justice. 


Best part pre storm: the lightning in the air and the summer breeze that made the performance a bazillion times cooler. 
Best part after storm: THE STORM ITSELF. A huge summer storm overtook the outdoor theatre and while the dancers continued before it got full on hurricane status, Sisi and I pushed against the crowd that was trying to get to a dry place and went & ran/danced in the rain for hours. Right before the rain cleared, there was a random, completely beautiful fireworks display. The night ended with a soaking wet trip to Starbucks followed by a car ride home in our skivvies singing along to old CD's. Best ballet ever. 

Don't let rain rain on your parade. Go dance in it. 

Simply love, 


V


No comments:

Post a Comment