Falling.

Sunday at 1:30 am (technically Monday morning)I get a text asking what I was doing the next day. I had to pack my house. My guy friends wanted to go cliff jumping. Cliff jumping is infinitely more important than putting things into boxes. 

Quick ramble: why the heck do they call it cliff jumping? The most exhilarating part is allowing yourself to fall. I think people have a negative connotation associated with the word 'fall' and athletic activities so they tend not to use it. But if you think about it, that is what most adrenaline rushes consist of. Falling. 
Sky diving=falling out of the sky. Cliff jumping=falling off a cliff. I think people feel that falling insinuates a loss of control, which insinuates failure, but doesn't all the fun lie in that 5 seconds chaos? What kind of fun would it be if you were in control of your fall? Unless you were some control freak who would enjoy that. Then you probably shouldn't go cliff falling. End ramble. 


After 3 hours in the car we were rewarded with a 70 ft cliff, and perfect water. 
After 3 hours of jumping and playing in the water we were rewarded with fried food, beer & pie at an adorable outdoor icehouse. 

It was a good day. 

Simply love, 

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment