Breathe.

Long time no talk. To those who read this (pretty much family. thanks mom), sorry I've been so technologically distant. Funny thing is my return to this blog was brought on by temporary stress which inevitably induced procrastination (which in my life is blog reading and baking), and after 1.5 hours of good ol cookies and web browsing, I remembered this little gem I started to relay my musings and everyday thoughts. 
Today I was stressing out about the two tests I have tomorrow, spring break plans, and got some awfully sucky news about the possibility of not seeing my brother for 4 years after his time off from graduating Marine bootcamp. I'm a very easy going person, and am never one to label a day as bad, or go off on facebook to complain {which I still didn't do because that will never stop being tacky and annoying}, but instead went into the books and marked this day as my No Good Very Rotten Very Bad Day. I should be studying instead of writing this but I had to share that God has once again showed light in simple pleasures. 
Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in things that are so completely arbitrary, and forget life's loves are found in the


moments of laughter with your roommates
cookies with a new friend
a compliment from a stranger

..all of which happened today. 
{The strangers compliment was the best! A student in my pilates class asked if I used to be a ballerina because I was so graceful..ME. GRACEFUL?! Same sentence, not in a punch line. I was the happiest girl in the world. I hugged her.} 

Remember that your worries are not eternal, but your happiness can be. 


Thank God for the little rays of sunshine that He puts in your day, and pray that you take the time to see them. 

Simply love, V. 

No comments:

Post a Comment