Airports


I love airports. The contrast between those who must fly and those who want to, between business and pleasure, and the ability to see people from all walks of life. I also love that you know absolutely nobody there. It always gives me an excuse to dress up or wear something out of the ordinary…transform yourself by allowing others to gain a superficial perception of you even if it’s a 30 second glance as you walk to your flight. Today that wasn’t the case as I just went for no makeup, a deep red lip with an old tee, blazer and flats… but its wonderful to think of the possibilities and stories available at the airport.




It’s the once place in the world that there are a million people about to go in a thousand different directions but are all forced to be idle, and wait for something bigger than themselves (in this case the plane). I love this idle time, as it allows you a time to breathe admist the rush going on around you. If I’m not reading, my favorite thing to do is people watch…sometimes giving others a story is better than reading one :) The trick to making sure you have this idle time is to have my problem: severe time overestimation. I always overestimate on the time it will take me to do things, which allows me to be early to everything which = idle time at the airport, which I have grown to cherish. Be still and take a moment to be aware of your surroundings. You may discover something in self reflection or in observance of others around you. The Big Guy Upstairs knew this all too well in when He said, “Be still, and know that I am God” {Psalm 46:10}

Take some time to be still and be aware, whether its sitting on your porch and drinking a good cup of tea or people watching in Academic Plaza. 

Oh and guess what?! I’ve arrived in the Amelia Island!


Sorry for the Myspace picture. I got a bit too excited over the fact I got a balcony and a robe. 



Simply love, Veronica 

No comments:

Post a Comment