twenty one.

I spent my twenty first birthday along the Meditteranean with an Italian that loved the simple things in life, two American sisters, and a group of french surfers.
I literally hopped on a plane by myself, and spent the weekend with yet another group of wonderfully amazing new people. I had the time of my life.
After a pitstop in Pisa, I went to Cinque Terre, Italy.
In Cinque Terre I was a total beach bum.

I enjoyed 3 hour solo dinners overlooking the sea, danced to Italian music till the morning and ate seafood till my stomach hurt.  
{braised lobster & black truffle gargenelli pasta from Bar e Vini in Manarola}
{buttered anchovies & tartufe focaccia panini from Ciak in Monterosso al Mare}
And oh the hours I just stared at this water.
I fell in love with yet another part of France in Nice & Marseille, and was welcomed by some incredible new friends that made me feel right at home.
Though the  reward for turning 21 in America is irrelevant in Europe, the french surfers I stayed with in Marseille were arguably some of the chillest people I've ever met and made sure I had a birthday I'll never forget.


I was spending my twenty first birthday in the South of France with rose, champagne, sea food and fun people. 

Constitutes as the best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment