Dreaming of hiking in the hill country...


I'm sitting in class daydreaming of this weekend when I get to go home and have ample time to go hiking in the hill country and take pictures. Whilst I am still incredibly amateur, photography has become one of the favorite hobbies. I started pursuing photography due to my impulsivity and horrible rationalizing problem with money. After falling in love with my dad's vintage Minolta I discovered that paying for every roll of film was cutting deep into my wallet. So instead of buying books I decided to pursue my interest in photography by buying a Canon and have been in love ever since! {I'm still in honors despite my lack of textbooks which proves campus bookstores are worse than the IRS in taking your money} I absolutely love that a photograph can tell a story. While I started earlier this year, I can already tell that I love photographing people. It fascinates me that you can not only capture the essence of how you see a person, but that you can discover a story untold. 




Here are my two favorite photographs that I’ve taken so far. The first was taken at SXSW, in which I was completely fascinated by this adorable little boy and his father/grandfather {?}. The interaction between this young, curious boy and a man who looks as if he’s lived an experienced life was wonderful to watch, and hopefully I captured a glimpse of that. The second is a picture I took in South Beach when I was in Miami. 

2 comments:

  1. Your dad was bragging on you (and your blog) so I checked it out. You're a world traveler ma'am! We're evious and amazed at what you're achieving. Keep up the photography thing, it's allot of fun. Jason Penney
    www.flickr.com/centavo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm really glad I've started getting into it! Need a nicer lens so work on that with my dad haha
    And thank you! Tell the family I say hello!

    ReplyDelete