holidays.

i live in the boonies.

kind of.

the small town i live in gets smaller when you live in the country with no internet access.

what at first made me feel overwhelmingly unproductive was incredibly freeing.
time has been spent with friends, family, wine & my favorite spots in texas, and being as cliche 'texan' as i can before i lose my ya'll.


and that texas sky.


my last days in the US have been spent feeling like a child in my parents home & i have loved it. despite my age, i never fail to feel like the 8 year old who would get caught singing spice girls into the microphone (which conveniently pulls a Clark Kent and transforms into a bed post in the day time)

time stands still.

my parents see their children- one in the Marines, the other leaving the country for art school, and one on the cusp of growing into a teen- all wonderfully going so fast and in so many directions


but the second we gather around the table for my mothers cooking, time goes back and we are as we always were.






No comments:

Post a Comment