Food Blog Junkie

Lately I've been a bit obsessed with food blogs. Scratch that I have been ridiculously obsessed with food blogs, particularly raw food blogs. Anyone that knows me knows I'm a bit of a food fanatic. Foodie? In relative terms, however I don't think the appreciation and attention I give food relates me to an elitist eater that is accustomed to much finer food than my college budget can provide. However thanks to my job, some great restaurants in downtown Bryan, and my newfound love for cooking, I have been able to have incredible food and will hopefully create my own. But I guess I could be a foodie in the sense that I appreciate fine food and yep I'm the annoying girl taking pictures of her dessert before she takes a bite. 
Some notable food moments {this is more for me than for you hopefully}. 

{My first time having duck. A wonderful friend treated me to dinner at Fire Fly in Panama, FL on Spring Break}

{Espresso Custard with Cocoa Coffee Beans in Orlando, FL}

{My version of Tiramisu Bread Pudding}

{One of my favorite desserts: Flan. Absolutely delectable flan found at La Sol y La Luna during SXSW.}

{During SXSW our incredible host dubbed me the leader in the kitchen and showed me how to make Eggs Benedict, here was my first try!}

{Seared Ahi Tuna & Avocado Asian Salad, Miami, FL}

{This is plate 4 of the best brunch of my life: smoked salmon, brie, cottage cheese, dragon fruit and mixed berries. 1501 Restaurant in the Eden Rock Hotel, Miami FL}



So tonight I started on what was the easiest recipe I saw (and which would satisfy my consistent craving for sweets late at night), and that was Chia Pudding. Chia seeds were used by the Aztecs for their ability to provide long lasting energy and are packed with Omega 3's, antioxidants, fiber, and protein. Plus they are Chia seeds are tasteless, and allow you to experiment with countless recipes. This is perfect because you can have a bowl of Chia Pudding mixed with fruits and nuts for breakfast, or (as I did tonight), mix in cacoa nibs, chocolate covered goji berries, bananas and walnuts to make a delicious late night dessert. You know how some people can go through a whole bag of chips like its no problemo? Not me. You know how  some people can go through half a dozen homemade cookies or try all 8 desserts from a gourmet dinner cruise? Yep. Thats me. Both are true stories and in regards to stuffing my face with sugar on the classy dinner boat, proves I have no shame when it comes to desserts. Needless to say I did a dance and my night was made when I made Chai Chia Pudding with the aforementioned add ins. This is a heaven sent as I've been looking for something healthy to substitute for my late night sweet cravings. It is super easy to make to, give it a try!

{Basic recipe for Chia Pudding}
1 cup Almond/Coconut/Hemp/Whole Milk
1-2 tbsp. Chia seed
1. Pour milk over Chia seed in a air tight container and shake
2. Let sit for 10-20 minutes to allow seeds to expand {the chia seeds expand and create a tapioca like gel that I find delicious, but if you don't like the texture, feel free to blend it!}
3. Add toppings of your choice!

{I added Chai tea concentrate to make it Chai Chia Pudding, some suggestions: chocolate, cocoa powder, fruit, granola...}





No comments:

Post a Comment